Child Wants to Stay Home from School

This post is inspired by a question from Susan who asks if it’s more loving to let her son stay home from school when he doesn’t feel well or to force him to try to walk through his anxiety and go to school. Her son is a 12 year old sixth grader who she describes as very energetically sensitive, dyslexic, has ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), and sensory issues. Her son missed school on Friday and 15 minutes before going to school on Monday he developed a stomach ache. Susan is looking for guidance that will help her in situations like this. She’s concerned about his anxiety ruling him, but she also wants him to make it to the other side of his fears.

The Counsel says much of her son’s stress is related to remembering his past lives when he was abandoned, had no family, and couldn’t speak out. When he’s ready they suggest speaking to him about the help available from spirits and angels when he feels this way, and reminding him these problems aren’t what he’s experiencing now. Susan’s job is to listen to her son, show him he’s heard, remind him he has a lot of love, and each time he experiences this difficulty he gets through the day.

At some point he’ll remember his past lives and this will alleviate much of his fears. Get him to go though his fears by talking about his day. This will bring more understanding. His spirit chose to work on this problem in this lifetime and Susan has agreed to help him learn to speak, to hear and understand him, but not to solve it for him. He’ll do that himself. There should be many talks the night before school and the morning of school reminding him in this lifetime he has the gift of speech and can talk about what’s bothering him.

The Council can’t tell Susan when to let her son stay home and when he should force him to go to school. It is part of her lesson to listen with her heart and know when he can stay home and when he should go to school. Each situation is different. When she chooses to let him stay home, get him to speak about this problem. That’s your agreement in this situation. Together they will move through this.

It’s important to point out that when you force him to go to school he’s gotten through this, but Susan has to believe in herself and know when to push her son to go to school and when to stay home. Susan can’t solve this for her son. She is to be supportive and together they will work through this problem.

Susan’s fears of what happens to her son will create that so no matter what’s going on with her son Susan’s job is to see him succeeding, becoming more sure of himself, seeing him more at ease. The more Susan focuses on this the more she brings it into her reality. Between the two of them there’s a lot of fear that needs to be worked out and the Council sees this happening.

Listen to the entire 24-minute session on Susan’s question to get the full benefit of of The Council’s guidance.

Copyright ℗ 2015 Bob & Cynthia Dukes

February 11, 2015 - Posted by | Agreement, Audio Content, Challenges, Connecting With Spirit, Law of Attraction, Love, Other Lifetimes, Questions & Answers, Relationships, You Create Your Reality | , , ,

1. Thanks a lot for sharing this. What a wonderful service you are giving to the world!
    I’m very moved by the story of mariner2mother and your answer.
    Often we are told just be love. Or just do what love would do.
    Of course! If we just knew what love would do !
    The problem is that we often don’t know. We are often not aware when an action is triggered by fear instead of love. That is really hard to tell. Often ego comes as the wolf in sheep’s clothing.
    I am sure a lot of parents would benefit from this post.

Comment by Karin | February 14, 2015 | Reply

• Thanks, Karin. We were also moved by mariner2mothers story and The Council’s answer.

We agree with you that it can be difficult sometimes to know what love would do in in a given situation, but practice makes perfect.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | February 14, 2015 | Reply

2. Reblogged this on Life Is A Journey… Not A Guided Tour and commented:
    A few weeks ago, Little Man and I had a particularly difficult morning. I wrote about it here: Push Me Pull You. While I was struggling to deal with the situation, I decided to ask The Council for their wisdom. Bob and Cynthia have a blog that is full of people’s questions and the advice that Cynthia brings through from The Council to help these people reach a higher level of understanding. The Council came through for me on this one in a very big way.

Comment by mariner2mother | February 12, 2015 | Reply

3. Bob, Cynthia, and The Council, thank you so very much for your answer to my question. Your illumination about what’s going on at an unseen level – the past life involvement – and your suggestions on how to work with my son to help him work through his anxiety are just what I was looking for. When you spoke about my son’s past lives affecting him now, I understand that completely. When you spoke about having my son speak of what’s going on inside of him, to help him, I understand that as well. The issue of his not being able to speak in a past life is definitely affecting him here and now; and I see that affecting him at school (being too afraid to speak up for himself when he’s lost or confused or needs help). When you spoke about how my fears contribute to what becomes of our lives, as we are co-creators of our lives, I understand that too. Having that knowledge alone, has helped me to shift my thoughts about my son’s future. Having tools to use to help him has shifted me out of fear and into feeling much more positively; knowing that even while he may continue to struggle for a little while, he will be able to get past this. And finally, in the future, I won’t have as much difficulty deciding whether my son should stay home or go to school. I now see that my difficulty was the battle between my head and my heart, and that has considerably lessened, having your information. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comment by mariner2mother | February 12, 2015 | Reply

• You are most welcome, Susan. Take good care of Little Man and let him care for you.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | February 14, 2015 | Reply

• Cynthia, Bob, and The Council, I wanted to give you an update on our situation. My son’s anxiety had come and gone and some days I was able to get him to go to school, but other days when he had a migraine, for example, I kept him home. My stress around the whole situation was much lower. Then just after Mother’s Day, things came to a head. The boy was missing more school and because of state testing and Special Education testing, he needed to be in school.

After one particularly bad morning for the both of us, I went to a local psychic fair (the next day). I finally asked the right question that led me to what was going on between my son and his teacher, energetically. Long story short, a bunch of healing energies have been working on the situation, and things are much improved. And I see quite clearly that this has been to help teach my son about his energy, just as you said. I just published part one of a two part blog, telling the story in detail. Thank you so very much for helping me to shift things into a positive light back in February.

Comment by mariner2mother | May 28, 2015 | Reply

• Thanks for the update, Susan. We’re glad to hear things have improved. Just read your post. Glad we could be of service.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | May 29, 2015 | Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )