Welcome to Ask The Council, a blog where you can ask a group of loving and wise spirit guides a question and get an answer, for free. You can also read the questions other readers have asked and the answers they’ve received. Other posts contain quotations from The Council that we hope you find inspiring, uplifting, and educational.

If there’s a question you’ve been thinking about and you’re curious how The Council might answer it, we encourage you to use the blog’s Comments feature to ask your question. You can click here to go to the ‘Leave a Reply’ section of this Welcome post and type your question there or you can type your question in the Leave a Reply section at the bottom of any post that inspires you to ask a question or leave a comment.

Cynthia is able to communicate with a group of five non-physical spirit guides in a manner similar to the way Esther Hicks communicates with and speaks for the spirit guides, Abraham, and Jane Roberts communicated and spoke for the spirit guide, Seth. I (Bob) basically interview The Council as they speak through Cynthia during what we refer to as a session. Sessions generally last 30-60 minutes and are usually audio recorded. During the session Cynthia is aware of what The Council is saying and she also receives visual impressions and other types of telepathic communication from them.

After a session we often type up a transcript to help us remember and understand better what The Council said and to make it easier to include quotes from The Council in blog posts. From our impressions during and after the session, the recording, and the transcript we write the posts found in this blog.

If we’re used to thinking of yourself in a more limited sense, the idea that you are the creator of your experience may be difficult to understand.

Our post, What About This Idea That We Create Whatever We Desire, offers insights into this idea.

The left-hand column on the Home page contain a long chronological series of posts with the most recent on top. Each post begins with a title. Clicking on a post title will take you to a blog page dedicated to that particular post. The Thought for the Day posts use the post publication date as its title. Following each post is a Like button where you can indicate to us and other readers if you like the post.

Thought for the Day

In addition to answering readers’ questions, The Council began sharing Thoughts for the Day in December 2010. These brief inspirational sayings offer a daily spiritual point of view that can help you:

• Remember that you are divine spirit, a part of which is experiencing physical existence from the point of view of your physical body.
  • Remember why you chose to experience life in a physical body.
  • Remember how to manifest the life you desire.

Longer Posts

Longer posts that answer readers’ questions offer a similar spiritual point of view and an opportunity to consider specific issues in more depth. Using the ‘Questions & Answers’ link in the navigation bar (top right of the Home page) is an easy way to display a list of introductions to just our longer posts. Clicking on the post title will take you to the post page where you can read the rest of the post.

1. I work for a company in their office in central Europe. I find the energies at my workplace very difficult to deal with. There is a great deal of conflict and the business is in danger of failing. I find that the building is above a place which was the site of battles between Romans and Celts many centuries ago.

I’m not sure about my mission at this place. I may be here to fix something I have done in another life. I tried to clean the place and release energies, asking Archangel Michael for help.

Do The Council feel this history of fighting has some bearing on the present problems? Can they suggest a way in which I can help to heal the divisions?’

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Colombe

Comment by Anonymous | May 3, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Colombe,

Here are the highlights of the session with The Council to answer your questions.

1. The Council doesn’t feel what you describe as a history of fighting in the area of your workplace is contributing to the present problems.
      2. You can help heal divisions in the workplace by connecting with the feeling of love you are as a spiritual being and bringing this love into your workplace. This is your mission in your workplace and everywhere else in your life; this is the spiritual mission of all human beings.
      3. You are not there to fix anything you’ve done in another lifetime.
      4. Think about why you choose to stay at your place of employment and consider looking for more satisfying employment.
      5. Within a year you will find that the best employment opportunities for you will be in another country.
      6. Eventually it will be good to have employment where you can be outside an office, have freedom of movement, and travel.

We hope this helps. The Council said it will help many people who are in a similar employment situation where they feel a lot of negativity. We look forward to publishing a post on the details of this session as soon as the answers to earlier reader questions have been published.

Blessings

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | May 8, 2013 | Reply

2. Hi Cynthia and Bob, We love what comes thru from The Council. Would it be ok to include some of your channelled messages in the quarterly newsletter that Kay prepares for our local Spiritualist Church. We would include an acknowledgement and a link to your website. Thank you for the work that you do.

Love and Light
    Peter and Kay

Comment by Peter Ashley | April 21, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Peter & Kay,
      Thank you so much for your appreciation for this blog. We appreciate your similar efforts at earthmessagepress.wordpress.com and thank the two of you for this work. Of course it’s okay for Kay to include messages from The Council in her church newsletter. We are flattered and honored by your request. Thank you so much for asking.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 21, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Cynthia and Bob, Thanks you are very kind. Love and Light, Peter and Kay

Comment by Peter Ashley | April 24, 2013 | Reply

3. I’m very excited to make contact here. My question relates to physical shifts occurring within us at this time. Specifically related to the eyes . I developed an inflammation in my eye about a year and a half ago. Tests revealed nothing specific and this continued to plague me recurring for well over a year. I took notice of similar problems related to the eyes happening with friends, co-workers and even animals in my sphere. Could this somehow be related to the way we may be viewing things in a dimensional shift or if its simply a personal matter related to a specific condition ? Also I have misplaced my glasses which I need very much instead of contact lenses. I noticed the contacts bothered my eyes. I thought they may be the problem. Now I’ve gone and lost the glasses . Was it to send me for an exam ? Are the black framed eye glasses still near me? It took me well over a year to find ones that fit my very small face and to have lost them is distressing. All I want to do is see ! Yet it seems for some reason my ” eyes ” keep getting taken ! Wondering if there is something happening on a larger scale related to viewing things ? Just due to the coincidence of so many others having an eye condition as well.

Comment by Dawn Anderson | April 6, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your questions. It may be a while before we have time to do a session on your questions and publish a post, but if we get any information for you we’ll pass it along in one of these comments.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 6, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Dawn,

We had a chance to do a session with The Council today on your questions. It may be a while before we’re able to publish a post on the session, but we thought you’d like to know the following:

1. Eye irritation is a personal matter, not a dimensional shift or something on a larger scale.
      2. Your black framed glasses are close by. Practice feeling the way you imagine you’ll feel when you find them and you will be more likely to come across them.
      3. Eye exam doesn’t appear necessary at this time.
      4. Do what you can to bring uplifting energy into your 5th, 6th, and 7th chakras and you should notice less eye problems.
      5. The coincidence of many others in your experience having eye issues related to the law of attraction. When your attention is preoccupied with your eye problems, your attention is more likely to be drawn to similar problems in others. Practice focusing your attention on things that feel better to you.

Hope this helps.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 7, 2013 | Reply

4. Question: I’ve been divorced for two years now and financial issues are clouded. It appears that the ability to generate more income has aluded me. I’m considering looking for a new position, yet this unstable economy and age (62) seem to be factors that inhibit. I’ve created in meditation many times increased wealth with no avail. What am I not doing that can help me out of this situation. Is there something specific I can do – or guidance in a certain field….D

Comment by D | March 29, 2013 | Reply

• Hi D,

Thank you for your interesting question. We’re particularly looking forward to The Council’s suggestions for fine tuning your creativity using your meditations. Stay tuned.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 30, 2013 | Reply

• Dear D,

We did a session with The Council today and received guidance on your question. It may take a while to publish a post on the part of the session about your question, but we thought you’d like to know The Council suggests that you identify something that you love to do and then find a way to share this with others as a sort of volunteer. They said this will lead to the type of expansion you’re looking for. We hope this helps. We’ll publish a post with additional details on your question as soon as we can.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 30, 2013 | Reply

• has this been posted?

Comment by Deborah Baker | April 6, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Deborah,

Sounds like you’re asking if a post has been published answering the question you asked as D in a comment on March 29, 2013. If that’s what you’re asking, the answer is no, we haven’t published a post answering that question yet, but as we mentioned in a comment on to you on March 30, we did do a session with The Council to answer your question, along with questions from Jose and Michelle, and earlier today we published our first post (Every Question is Important) on that session. You were briefly mentioned in that post. We are currently working on posts to answer four questions from Jose. Then we’ll be working on a post on the answer to Michelle’s question. Then we’ll be working on a post on your question about where to live. We hope that answers your question.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 6, 2013 | Reply

5. Hello Cynthia and Bob,
    I wondered if the Council could guide me on which path I should take. My options are to move to Barnstaple, Devon where my 13 year old daughter wants to live and where we have secured house to rent. There are many activities there for my daughter with the beaches, cycle tracks etc. The house we have is large enough for me to work from but has only a small concert garden and is a terrace house, which will be a big change from living in the country as I do now, as a nature lover I’m not sure if this will be such a good thing in the long term. My other option is to find a place to rent in Glastonbury, my daughter is not keen and her dad says there will not be enough for her to do there. For me though it will feel like going home! And I have always wanted the experience of working and living there. I feel that one day I will get to Glastonbury, so for now I wondered am I supposed to go there yet? Should I go toward what feels right and lifting for me, or what feels right and lifting for my daughter? If I don’t decide soon I could lose the house in Barnstaple and so far nothing has come up for me in Glastonbury. But I would be very willling to let go of the house in Barnstaple and wait for a place in Glastonbury if I knew it was the right path. Thankyou.

Comment by Michelle Wolfe-Emery | March 29, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Michelle,

We’ll see if we can get some guidance for you from The Council. If it feels like the guidance might also benefit other readers we’ll publish a post about the session. If the guidance is of a more personal nature that’s likely to be mostly of interest to you, maybe we’ll let you know what The Council says in a reply to your comment like this one. If you haven’t already signed up for email notifications of new comments on the Welcome page, you may want to try this.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 30, 2013 | Reply

• Hi Michelle,

We did a session with The Council today and received guidance for your question about a move. It may take us a while to publish the post on the session because other readers’ questions were also answered, but we thought you’d like to know some highlights of what The Council said:

“We also see that if you do move forward and go to Devonshire, not only will your daughter love it, but you will also because there will be other opportunities and a different way of life.”

“In either direction there is happiness if she chooses [happiness], but with a little clue here, the house that is waiting for her, or even another house if this [first house] is not what she wants, in Devonshire, will have many, many wonderful surprises.”

There’s more that we think you’ll find interesting, including another lifetime in Glastonbury, but we thought you’d like a preview. We hope this helps. We’ll publish a post on the session with more details as soon as we can.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 30, 2013 | Reply

6. Hi Cynthia and Bob

First of all thank you for your kind comments on our blog. What is posted there is what we are given from spirit, which they have asked us to spread widely in order to further their objectives for Earth and humanity. Unlike you we do not ask many questions, but we may do so in the future.

I love what you are doing with you webiste. I resonate with what you have written in the many of your posts that I have read so far. I look forward to reading more. Thank you for the work that you are doing.

Love and Light
    Peter (and Kay)

Comment by Peter Ashley | February 21, 2013 | Reply

• Thanks for your encouraging feedback, Peter. I look forward to exploring the work you and Kay have put on your blog. Thank you for that.

Bob

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | February 21, 2013 | Reply

7. Thank you for your comments, they are helpful
    . If we create a future self to inhabit now: Is it possible to leave a ghost dna trace energetically that changes the matrix to a new existence in the altered body now.

Then, As spirit we could inhabit other bodies and return to our body. we connect energetically, to anything, anyone, do we leave a dna ghost pattern that could enhance that connection as well as our self; both are better for the connection whether it is dna, consciousness, exchange. If my brain in evolved and I contact a brain in the past (1600’s), gather their genius thoughts, do they have a trace of my advanced brain and/or vice-versa.
    I’ve had an experience of being someone else and knowing their thoughts, how they think, how they interact in life. When I returned to my body, there is some residue of that person … Thanks for any clarity.

Comment by Deborah | September 9, 2012 | Reply

8. Question to Council
    I’m trying to understand multiple reincarnations in the same lifetime. I, Deborah, 2012 – have reincarnated in this same body several times, which appears to be seamless. Yet, at times, like living a dream, while awake. It seems to happen automatically when I am working on a particlular issue. Is this correct, even though a poor, watered down version of words to explain an unknown.

Also, how can one reincarnate in other bodies for a time, vacate that body and return to original body without the dna ghost in both bodies or is that inevitable. Example, to live the life of DaVinci for a time to learn painting technique, then back to your own life in 2012 enhanced. Does DaVinci then have my dna ghost or residue and vice versa. And it is possible that what I perceive as back and forth is a dimenional thing. Example: life in this body in 2012 is a slower frequency than living in a fifth dimensional body — that a whole life time can be lived in moments, then return to this lifetime enhanced by the experience?

I’m getting glimpses of all this and would like to understand the wholeness of it.
    Thanks
    Deborah, Washington, United States

Comment by Deborah | September 5, 2012 | Reply

• Hi Deborah,
      Thank you for your question. We’re having some difficulty understanding what you are asking and we’re hoping to get some clarification from you before doing a session with The Council to answer your questions.

In order to get The Council’s opinion on whether you are correct when you say you “have reincarnated in this same body several times, which appears to be seamless…,” it would help if we had a clearer understanding of what you’re asking.

It’s our understanding from The Council that every breath we take is literally an inspiration of who we are as a spiritual being into our physical body. From a certain point of view we suppose it can be said that each breath is an individual seamless incarnation of spirit into the same body in the same lifetime, but we’re not sure if you’re talking about something like this or something entirely different.

In the example you describe about living the life of Da Vinci for a time to learn painting and then coming back to your life as Deborah in 2012: Our current understanding of The Council suggests that if you believe that you and Da Vinci are a unified consciousness (which The Council teaches that you are from a spiritual point of view), then it is theoretically possible for you to be aware of the part of you that is also Da Vinci, and learn what you know as Da Vinci, and bring that awareness back to your awareness of who you are as Deborah.

Our familiarity with the term ‘dna ghost’ is limited to a Google search after reading your question and it’s not clear to us how to use this term in a meaningful way. If you’re asking whether Da Vinci is aware of you being aware of him, our guess is The Council would say that from a spiritual point of view all spiritual beings are aware of all other spiritual beings and that would include Da Vinci’s awareness of you. Let us know if you’re talking about something else. And let us know if you are specifically interested in asking The Council about the subject of dna ghosts and we will see what we can find out.

We expect The Council will agree that what you perceive as back and forth has at least something to do with dimensions. They have said many times that from our spiritual point of view there is no time and that many lifetimes can be perceived as being lived in a single moment.

Based on this feedback, please do what you can to clarify the points you are most interested in The Council responding to. This will help us make the best use of a discussion with them.

Blessings,
      Cynthia & Bob

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | September 9, 2012 | Reply

9. Hello, Cynthia and Bob…and The Council. I love your site. I just read the last entry about reincarnation and I have a question to pose, if I may. While I am open to the idea that we, souls, return to earth many times, I continue to wonder, why? Why are we all here? More specifically, why am I here…again? Is it that we intend to learn lessons and perhaps we simply don’t finish those lessons in other life times? Or, do we finish those lessons and move on to other lessons? What is the purpose of being here? I realize that these are rather large questions, but I thought as long as The Council will be addressing reincarnation, they may touch on the purpose of coming back, or for being here at all.
    I look forward to learning more…
    Best,
    Rachael

Comment by Bari | April 13, 2012 | Reply

• Hi Rachael. We love that you love our blog. Thank you for your question about the purpose of life and reincarnation. The questions, “Why are we here?” “Why am I here?” and “What is my purpose?” are important philosophical questions that have been asked throughout recorded history. The related question, “Why do I keep coming back (lifetime after lifetime)?” may not be quite as popular a question, but in our opinion it’s just as important.

Many popular answers have to do with the idea of “leaning lessons”. We look forward to hearing what The Council has to say about these important questions and whether learning lessons in an important part of the answer.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 14, 2012 | Reply

10. Hi Cynthia and Bob,

I love that you have created a space for people like myself to ask The Council questions and have the opportunity to learn together from their teachings.

My question today is two-part;

1. I believe in reincarnation and past lives. This belief has both assisted me in learning more about myself in this life and helping to show me why I may continue certain relationships, patterns, habits, that may not otherwise make sense to me. I do, however, wonder how The Council views this topic. Being familiar with Abraham’s teachings, I remember Esther/Abraham stating that past lives do not impact our current human existence. I found this odd as I would have thought that Abraham would have stated that while past life issues do not have to control our current lives, they do have some impact. So, if The Council can clarify their view(s) of past lives and how those many experiences impact us in our present existence, I would find that very valuable.

2. On a different note, but also related to my explorations about Abraham’s teachings, I am interested in having The Council comment about the following;
    How much energetic impact do my thoughts and feelings have on another person, specifically the person I am in a relationship with at this time? To be more specific to my situation; While I believe I work hard to help my boyfriend better himself and his situation (something he has wanted help doing as his life had all but fallen apart when we met four years ago), I find it very hard to continue to “create” positive, higher vibrational thoughts when he continues to repeat old patterns. I know that I have the option of imagining/observing things as they are, or as I want them to be, but…I find that the more times these old patterns are repeated the harder time I have believing myself as I try to “create” these better feeling thoughts. So, my question is both how to work on this for myself and how much of an effect/impact do my thoughts/feelings have on what he ends up creating?

Again, I thank you both, and The Council for this opportunity to grow and learn.

Bari

Comment by Bari | April 12, 2012 | Reply

• Thank you for your two excellent questions, Bari.

As students of Abraham’s teachings, Cynthia and I have also wondered about Abraham’s comments that appear to considerably minimize the importance and influence of “past lives” on what we think of as our “current life”. Cynthia and I currently feel more comfortable with a teaching that acknowledges an influence of past lives and emphasizes that our current experience doesn’t need to be controlled by past experiences, whether in this lifetime or a past lifetime. We hope The Council can shed some light on this.

The reason I use quotation marks around “past lives” and “current life” is that part of The Council’s teaching (and Abraham’s [I think] and other spiritual teachers like Seth) is that the perception of time as having a past, present, and future is part of a physical experience. Although our physical experience often appears to be the larger part of our experience, we are taught that the larger part of who we truly are is non-physical (i.e., spirit). And we are taught that from our non-physical point of view there is not a perception of time and past, present, and future. Cynthia and I hope we can shed more light on this fascinating and complex topic in future posts.

We look forward to hearing what The Council has to say in response to your second wonderful question. We have high hopes the answer can benefit many people who find themselves in a similar situation and are finding it a challenge to apply the teachings of conscious creation to their day to day lives.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 14, 2012 | Reply

11. What a cool way to contact higher guides. I really appreciate the time and energy you guys put forth to create such a great way to share information freely from the higher realms. THANK YOU!!

Okay, my question 😉

Beloved Council,
    Thank you for your willingness to guide us from your higher ways at this time. Currently, I have embarked on a new journey with a partner. It has been the most intense, beautiful time of my life, a true twin-flame or soul connection. Most of all its revealing more of myself, and reflecting back how much more I need to trust and love myself! HA!

I am seeking the highest and most loving way to create harmony and balance in my new relationship. Are there daily practices or meditations for us to do, or special words and affirmations we can invoke together that will help deepen our bond, and create more trust and connection?

Last week a lot of really intense paralyzing, limiting emotions came up for me, jealousy, fear of being alone, abandonment and rejection. None of this was because of my partner, I take responsibility that I am in charge of how I feel, but it was a difficult time, and I’d like to make our relationship more about JOY, and EXCITEMENT, rather than any kinds of fears….or assumptions. I want to understand how to bring more balance into our energy.

I want more than anything, to use this time I have on the planet to release my old programming and limiting beliefs (DETOX) and spend my life building a healthy home and family with the one I love, in total freedom, balance and real soul growth.

Thank you for any light you can shed, and your wise council. 😀

All My Love,
    Sky

Comment by Sky Sheridan | March 27, 2012 | Reply

• Hi Sky. Thank you for your appreciation and your question for The Council. Cynthia and I look forward to hearing The Council’s answer and sharing it with you and other readers of this blog. We hope to schedule a session with The Council on your question within a week. Sometimes writing the post can take a few weeks. Please be patient and be on the lookout during this time for vibrational intuitions from your higher self that come to you and support your desire for more self-trust, more love, more joy and excitement, increased harmony, balance, and connection in your relationship, a healthy home, and spiritual growth.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 27, 2012 | Reply

12. Hi Lurette,
    We apologize for the delay posting your comment, but for some reason it was diverted to a spam folder and we have just read it for the first time.

Thank you for letting us know that The Council’s guidance resonates with you and for your appreciation of the blog. It’s also nice to hear you say that you’ve been inspired by reader comments and our replies.

Regarding the difficulty you describe in moving on from a relationship, and your desire to make sense of it, have you read the post, A Broken Sacred Contract and How to Move On? This post is in response to a very similar question. You may find The Council’s guidance in this post helps find some of the answers you are asking.

Regarding your comment that “it seems that there is still something that is unfinished,” you may want to consider the possibility that nothing is ever really finished, and maybe you don’t need to actually be back in a relationship with “someone that is not in [y]our best interest” in order to experience you are moving on in a way that allows you to have the kind of experiences you hope for in your life.

You can also scroll down to the Categories section under the Welcome post on the right side of most pages and click on the Relationships link to see other posts on this subject.

Let us know if this has been helpful.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | June 3, 2011 | Reply

13. Hello, I so enjoy the wisdom of the Council. I have a question to ask. If multiple people are passionately desiring and working towards a goal together, do all involved have to be free of resistance in order for the outcome to be released? Any information is appreciated in advance. Thank you.

Lynn

Comment by Lynn | January 11, 2011 | Reply

• Hi Lynn,
      It’s nice to hear you enjoy The Council’s wisdom. Thank you for your question.

When you ask if all the people who are passionately desiring and working toward a goal together have to be free of resistance “in order for the outcome to be released”, we’re imagining you mean: in order for the outcome to manifest in physical reality. If that’s not what you mean, please post a follow-up comment to clarify.

Until we have a chance to ask The Council and post a response, here’s some feedback on your question (as we currently understand it), based on what we’re learning from The Council and other law of attraction teachers.

1. What you believe about the idea of an outcome being “released” seems worth looking at. We (Cynthia & Bob) are taught that outcomes are things we create with our thoughts and attract into our physical reality with the vibration of our emotions and feelings.
      2. You will know you are free of resistance to a passionately desired outcome by your experience of the reality of the outcome. Your attention to resistance, even if it’s with the intention of determining how free you are of it, seems like it will attract to you the very resistance you seek to be free of. The law of attraction will attract to you matching vibrations to what you focus your attention on.
      3. Thinking of an outcome as something that’s released seems to imply released by or released from someone or something. This seems to suggest someone or something other than yourself is responsible for the reality you experience. The Council teaches that each of us is totally responsible for the reality we experience.
      4. When you know what you don’t want, it helps you know what you do want. If you don’t want resistance to a goal, then maybe what you do want is an experience of allowing the law of attraction to manifest your vibrational creation in your physical reality.
      5. Lastly (and this could just be our ‘stuff’) – if Cynthia and I are thinking about whether one or more in a group project are free of resistance to a desired outcome, there’s a good chance we’re looking to make someone other than ourselves responsible that the desired outcome not manifesting in our reality. As we said, we are taught that each of us is responsible for the reality we attract into our experience.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you think we misunderstood your question. Most likely we’ll shoot you an email when we post The Council’s answer to your question.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | January 12, 2011 | Reply

14. Hey Bob,

How does one edit or delete their post?

Comment by Anonymous | December 27, 2010 | Reply

• Once a comment is posted, the only way we know of to edit or delete it is to contact us and request that we either edit your comment according to revised content that you provide, or let us know you’d like us to delete your comment. You can contact us by using the contact form on the Contact Us page (accessible using the Contact Us link in the navigation bar toward the top of most pages on our blog site).

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 28, 2010 | Reply

15. Hi Bob, I have a question for The Council.

I notice that women VERY OFTEN ask non-physical entities about having a relationship with a man and want to know if, when and how it will happen, etc. It is seldom that men ask such questions regarding a relationship. Abe-Hicks has also commented on the frequency of this situation with women in particular.

Many women appear desperate and often feel incomplete and a lack of validity or value without being in an intimate ongoing relationship with a man. They frequently submit to humiliation and abuse in various ways just to be or stay with him. (Check out Judge Judy.) On the other hand in general, men appear far less attached in these situations. It seems that women and men want a different type of intimate relationship with each other.

My question is when “All That Is” conceived of and created our species for this physical reality, what was the intended nature of each gender, of their roles and of their intimate relationship? How was it intended for them to interact, relate and cohabitate with each other, appose to what we have been taught?

For example, from culture to culture through out the ages, many would have us believe that the male was created to be superior, and the female was created for his service and benefit. Hence, her feeling of incompleteness because she was created for him and to be with him–NOT vice versa or as his equal. They came to this physical reality to create and manifest–his desires and those of her own that served him.

Thanks Bob and Cynthia, for your time. I’ve elaborated a bit just to give you a better idea of what I’m referring to. I look forward to reading the Council response.

Fe

Comment by Fe | December 27, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Fe,

Interesting question. Women do seem to have a reputation for being more interested than men in being part of a committed relationship, and Cynthia’s experience as a professional psychic counselor seems to support this perception. I’m not familiar with comments from Abraham (Abraham-Hicks) on the subject.

Men may “appear far less attached in these situations” (relationships), but perhaps attachment manifests itself differently with men and women. This goes along with your observation that “women and men want a different type of intimate relationship with each other.”

Your observation that “many women appear desperate and often feel incomplete and a lack of validity or value without being in an intimate ongoing relationship with a man” may have some validity, but it’s my sense that contemporary women have made noticeable progress in this area during my lifetime.

We’re also curious to hear what The Council has to say about your question and we’ll do our best to post a blog entry on it when we can. Thank you for your interest in this blog and for your question.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 28, 2010 | Reply

16. Hi Cynthia! It’s me, Dorothy, from Atlanta. Happy Holidays! I have a question – how can I tell if the person I met right after I saw you over Labor Day weekend is “the one” you described? The man I received the sun card on? He fits the description you gave me but I feel uneasy. I can’t tell if I’m wary due to experiences or I should genuinely doubt his intentions. Much love, Dorothy

Comment by Dorothy | December 14, 2010 | Reply

17. I resonate with the wisdom offered by the the Council and thank you for your blog and guidance. I’ve also found that spirit seems to speak to us indirectly, and repeats things til we “get them”, so seeing some of your comments and responses have felt like they were directed toward me for which I am grateful and feel inspired by them.
    For a while my biggest challenge and hurdle has been a relationship of sorts that I have been unable to move past from. Not to belabor the details or issues, but just as a general topic, as a being that requires answers or logic to make sense of things, how can we get over the hurdle of clinging to someone that is not in our best interest, but was once someone that was a powerful connection. I know there was a lesson involved, possibly for both of us, but it seems that there is still something that is unfinished and I wonder if that is what is holding me onto this hope, or whatever it is.
    Thank you for any insight you can offer.
    Blessings and peace.

Comment by LOLA | November 3, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Lola,
      Thank you for your appreciation of this blog and the guidance it offers. The willingness of people like you to ask questions is an important part of what makes this blog what it is. Until we have time to ask The Council about the situation you describe and write something about it, here are a few suggestions based on our understanding of the guidance we’ve received.

Regarding your question about getting over the hurdle of clinging to someone when it doesn’t seem like it’s in your best interest: if you haven’t read our post titled A Broken Sacred Contract and How to Move On, you may find it helpful. This post was inspired by a similar question from a woman named Chris who was looking for advice on how to move on from a relationship with a powerful connection that stopped feeling like it was in her best interest.

And if you haven’t read our post titled: What is Karma and How Does it Work? you may also find this helpful. It might help you understand how you, as spirit, may have chosen this hurdle for the purpose of your spirit’s expansion.

What keeps you focused on a relationship that might not feel so good any more could be a number of things. You may be confusing the good feelings you once felt in relationship to this person with the good feelings that your spirit is continually offering you. On some level you may suspect this person was more responsible for your good feelings than you were. If this is the case, you may be afraid if you distance yourself from this person you’ll be distancing yourself from the possibility of feeling the good feelings you once felt in this relationship.

One of the lessons in the How to Move On post seems to be that other people can help us feel the unconditional love that our spirit has for us, but love from other people isn’t meant to be a long-term substitute for love from and for our self. No matter how powerful your connection is to this person, imagine a more powerful connection with your spirit?

When you allow the good feelings your spirit always offers you, others who are experiencing similar good feelings will be attracted to you and you to them. Maybe this person you once felt a powerful connection with will be one of these people. As the creator of your reality, determine what you desire, focus on it, feel what it feels like as often as possible, and merely consider the possibility from time to time you can allow it to manifest in your physical experience. If you haven’t read the post titled What About This Idea That We Create Whatever We Desire? it might help you with this.

Good luck. Let us know if you have other questions.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | November 4, 2010 | Reply

• Cynthia and Bob,
        Thank you for your perceptive response. I had read the posts you mentioned previously, but re-read them again which expanded my understanding in greater depth. This gave me another “piece” of insight, that the experiences that bring us grief, hurt or sadness are a stepping stone to focus more on what we do desire, which I believe is a premise of the council’s suggestion, as well as that our spirit’s desire to continue to expand our experiences. It has been very helpful to read over your posts as they have such knowledge and depth and contain more inspiration each time. Blessings to you for your lightwork.

Comment by LOLA | November 4, 2010 | Reply

• Lola,
          We’re glad to hear our reply to your previous comment was helpful. We often surprise ourselves with new insights when we revisit posts we’ve published months earlier. The Council’s point of view on how bad feeling human experiences are experienced quite differently from our spirit’s point of view has been a major help for us in making peace with events often considered tragic from a human perspective. We look forward to more guidance from The Council on this topic in the future. And blessings to you for your lightwork.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | November 4, 2010 | Reply

18. Hi Cynthia and Bob.
    Thank you so much for answering the questing about karma.
    I hear a lot of word spirit in our conversations. “You are the spirit” etc. But would it be possible to find out more about what is Soul. Can we do things that can be detrimental to our soul?
    thank you so much.
    Many blessings.
    Oksana

Comment by oksana | August 22, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Oksana,
      Thank you for your question about Karma. If you’ve read Diana’s recent comment you’ll know that your question and the answer it inspired are already benefiting others.

It’s our impression that The Council would use the words soul and spirit interchangeably. The Council is fond of reminding us that we are all one. Having said that, we’re a little curious ourselves whether there is any benefit to making distinctions between the idea of soul and the idea of spirit. I’m guessing they’ll say there isn’t anything that’s detrimental to our soul. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard them say as much about spirit. We look forward to hearing what The Council has to say on this subject. Thank you very much for this question. We’ll post a reply as soon as we can.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | August 24, 2010 | Reply

19. Hi Bob and Cynthia. My question is related to relationships. I have read a lot on the subject of “we create whatever we desire”. If you focus all your energy on a specific person and you want to be with them, but this person focus all their energy on the opposite and does not want to be with you; than what happens? How can they both get what they desire if their desires are exact opposites? I guess this question applies to other aspects of life as well and not just relationships.
    Thank you very much for this opportunity.
    Diana

Comment by Diana | August 12, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Diana,
      Thanks for your question. The subject of creating what we desire is a fascinating one and not necessarily easy to understand, as your question illustrates. We had a session with The Council this morning on your question and to say it was illuminating may be an understatement.

We’re in the process of writing a post in response to a recent question from Oksana on karma. As soon as that post is published we’ll get to work on transcribing our session on your question and publishing a post in response. Since it can often take us several weeks after a session to publish a post, we thought you might appreciate a bit of information and advice from the session that you might be able to work with now.

Think of what you create with your thoughts as being vibrationally and energetically very real, but not necessarily immediately available in physical reality. Once a desire is vibrationally created with your thoughts, if you want this creation to manifest physically you need to cooperate with the law of attraction to let it deliver your creation physically. The Council suggests using your emotions, feelings, and senses to experience as fully as possible the vibrational reality of the desire you have created. If you haven’t read this earlier post on our blog, also about a relationship disappointment, it might be helpful.

When your attention is focused on not having in your physical reality what you desire, the law of attraction brings to you more of not having what you desire. If you find yourself focused on the lack of what you desire, practice finding ways to let your attention shift to the details of what your desired creation feels like, looks like, sounds like, etc. as the law of attraction brings it closer and closer. The more you can find ways to feel appreciation for what you’ve created vibrationally before it manifests physically, the easier it will be for the law of attraction to deliver it into your physical reality.

With your thoughts you have created a vibrational reality where you are already with the person you want to be with. When you focus your attention on thoughts that this person doesn’t want to be with you, it’s like you’re sending a message to the law of attraction to put a hold on delivery of your desired creation and to bring you more of ‘this person doesn’t want to be with me.’

It may help to contemplate the idea that you create with your thoughts, and your desire helps deliver what you created. If you think you create whatever you desire, as you mentioned in your comment, it may become easy to overlook how you’re creating the opposite of what you desire every time you think the person you want to be with doesn’t want to be with you.

We hope this helps and we hope you like the post on your question when it’s published. Stay tuned.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | August 14, 2010 | Reply

20. HI Cynthia. In my last reading with you the word karma came up. And I must admit that after reading a lot on this subject I’am really confused with how exactly it works. WHat it is? You have mentioned before there is no good and no bad then where does the karma come into play?I would really be interested to hear what the Council has to say about it. As I find it really confusing. THank you so much for this website.
    Oksana

Comment by oksana | July 31, 2010 | Reply

• Thank you for your question on the meaning of karma, Oksana. We are also interested to hear what The Council has to say on this subject. We’ll post their response as soon as we can.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | August 6, 2010 | Reply

21. Hello,
    My question involves the breaking of what I believe was a sacred contract. I am sure that I had met someone years ago who I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. I feel this more strongly than anyone or any event in my life. I am 48 yrs old. Since this did not happen, how does one move on and is there a “second” choice when someone breaks a contract with you? I have not been able to forget this person and go on since this happened as I never felt a connection of any depth upon meeting this person. Thank you.
    Chris

Comment by Chris | May 18, 2010 | Reply

• Chris,
      Please clarify what you mean in the last part of the last sentence of your comment: “…as I never felt a connection of any depth upon meeting this person.” We understand about not being able to forget the person you believe you have a sacred contract with. We understand you’re having difficulty going on with life without having this person you met years ago. The last part of the last sentence sounds like you’re saying you never felt any sort of deep connection when you met the person you believe you have the sacred contract with. If that’s what you’re saying, can you describe how you believe this is relevant. If that’s not what you’re saying, perhaps you can use different language to make your point a little more clear. Thanks.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | May 23, 2010 | Reply

22. I look forward to your respone to my question yesterday. Thank you very much!
    Chris

Comment by Chris | April 20, 2010 | Reply

23. Hello,
    I wanted to ask how to believe again that there is a God who does love us and hears us and want the best for us when faith evaporates due to life conditions. How can I learn to believe and know that I am heard and important when no such evidence is clear to me?

Chris

Comment by Chris | April 19, 2010 | Reply

• Chris,
      This is an excellent question and one that many others can probably relate to. We look forward to hearing The Council’s response and making it available.

It seems to be taking longer for us to post responses than we originally anticipated. Please be patient and know we are working on this. If you haven’t already checked the box at the bottom of the welcome page to be notified by email when there’s a new post or comment, this will help keep you informed. Thank you, Chris, for your question. It is much appreciated.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 19, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Chris,
      It’s taken one month to the day to post The Council’s answer to your question. The post is titled Believing in a Loving and Benevolent God When Life Sucks. We learned a lot from answering this question. Sorry it took so long. It was a challenge to write. Thank you for asking. We hope you find the answers satisfying. And thanks for your new question. Cynthia is confident the subject of spiritual contracts in relationships is one that will interest many readers.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | May 19, 2010 | Reply

24. Hi, Bob and Cynthia:

Thanks so much for setting up a blog devoted to introducing people to their own spiritual natures–much needed work these days!

It is also good that Cynthia is able to communicate with spirit guides on the other side, as not all of us on the path have that ability or the extended sensory perception which facilitates it.

Keep up the great work!

Mike Bear

Comment by Mike Bear | April 11, 2010 | Reply

25. Hi Cynthia and Bob!
    I just came across your website and found it interesting. I actually don’t know too much about The Council but thought I’d give this a shot anyway: I am at a point in my life where I feel like I need something new. Like many people, I am in between jobs and I wonder whether I should be sticking to my usual field or trying something completely outside of the box. I have always been more of a math and science person but I like the idea of moving into the arts. Is there anyway I can get a point in the right direction from The Council?

Thanks!

Sandy

Comment by Sandy | April 8, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Sandy,
      We’re glad you find the site interesting. When we get a chance we’ll ask The Council for guidance that might help your situation. Being in between jobs, feeling like something new is desired, and questioning whether it’s better to stick with what’s familiar are situations Cynthia and I can relate to from our own experience. We expect many others can relate to your situation also and might benefit from The Council’s advice.

While waiting for a response from The Council you might want to check out the meditation for opening and energizing the Crown chakra and Heart chakra. This meditation was given in response to Gayle’s question about how to strengthen her connection to the guidance available to her from spirit. Thanks for your question.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 10, 2010 | Reply

26. Recently I have started meditating again, and a group of beings started talking to me. Mostly just putting my mind to ease and telling me ‘I am one with all and all is one with me’. This group said they were “The Council”. Is this the same council or am I just imagining things.

Thanks.
    William

Comment by William | April 7, 2010 | Reply

• William,
      Congratulations on your recent return to meditation and your experience connecting with spirit. In a recent comment Robyn also asked us about the possibility that she has connected with The Council. Given your added interest in this question it occurred to us that others might also be interested in the answer and we became more curious ourselves. We asked The Council and they were kind enough to reply. The short answer for both you and Robyn is yes. Instead of elaborating in this reply to your comment, it seems like a better idea to put it in a post where it’ll be more accessible to readers.

Thank you for your question William and your question Robyn. Cynthia and I find The Council’s point of view on this subject quite illuminating and we hope you do also. I’m not sure how soon the post will be available, but it’s our intention to make it our next post.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 7, 2010 | Reply

27. First thank you guys for this blog. I love the idea of it. Im finding I can relate to the question other”s are asking myself. It is fascinating to read the answers. I even tried the meditation you recommended and had a magical experience. So thank you so much !!!!! I went to the church as it was Easter today and I felt I had to ask the question about religion. What are the meaning of religions to the humanity, why are so many people choose to commit to a particular one, to the point of killing each other, and secondary why am I never was able to embrace the religion (in my case christianity)? Looking deeper at myself Im actually straggling with becoming a part of any group. It bothers me because it makes me feel a bit of an outsider. Many thanks

Comment by oksana | April 5, 2010 | Reply

• oksana,
      We glad you love the idea of this blog and you’re able to relate to the questions others have asked and the answers we’ve posted. We’re particularly excited to hear that you tried a meditation The Council suggested and that you had a magical experience.

Thank you for your questions about religion. We look forward to hearing The Council’s point of view on this subject and we’ll post their response as soon as we can.

I can relate to struggling with the idea of becoming part of a group and feeling a little like an outsider as a result. I imagine there are other readers who’ve also had similar feelings. I wouldn’t be surprised of The Council offers some guidance on this issue.

Bob

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 5, 2010 | Reply

• Oksana,
      It’s taken a while, but we finally posted a response to your questions about religion and fitting in. It’s titled What is the Meaning of Religion? We learned quite a bit about religion and humanity’s relationship with God during this session. We hope it answers your questions and others find this information helpful. Thank you again for asking.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 18, 2010 | Reply

28. Hello
    I have similar issues regarding Robyn’s question.
    Did I miss the answer? Haven’t been on. If so, could you be so kind as to repost?

Thanks R.

Comment by Raymond | April 1, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Raymond,
      No, you didn’t miss The Council’s response to Robyn’s questions. Thanks for asking. We had a 50 minute session with The Council last Saturday on Robyn’s questions and we’re still feeling our way to the post.

The main theme of the session is the importance of understanding and experiencing that who we truly are is pure spirit in a physical body – something it’s easy to forget when so much emphasis is placed on limiting our perception of reality to what can be perceived with only our physical senses. The Council also offers another meditation. This one focuses on energizing the Heart chakra and the First chakra using pure white light. It seems likely it will take us several posts to describe this session.

One of the more interesting pieces of information that may come as a surprise to Robyn and others has to do with the people we’re most concerned will reject us if we have the courage to be ourselves. The Council says these people are souls we’ve likely known in many lifetimes who we choose in this lifetime to challenge us to move toward the pure spirit we truly are. This is a point of view we’ve also come across in books on the teachings of other spirit guides we’ve learned from.

Our apologies for the delay in posting the results of our session. It’s turned out to be an unexpected challenge for us to put into words what we experienced during the session. As Robyn seems to understand, speaking our truth is a challenge. We look forward to sharing the truth of our experience with The Council as it becomes clear to us. We hope it will be helpful to you, Robyn, and others. Thanks for your patience, Raymond. We appreciate your comment.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 2, 2010 | Reply

29. Hi Cynthia,

I have spent the majority of my life running away from myself and trying to be basically anyone but who I am. I have always tried to make myself more like others who I have admired. In the process, I never got to know who I genuinely am…likely out of fear that I still won’t be able to love and accept myself. I would please like to ask The Council for guidance on how can I get passed feeling that it is not safe or not okay to be me and how to cease believing that I will be rejected if I express my true feelings. I want to transcend and be able to speak and live my truth…I am tired of pretending…at this point the only one I am fooling is myself. Any support or guidance would be tremendously appreciated.

Robyn

Comment by Robyn | March 25, 2010 | Reply

• Thank you for your request, Robyn. It’s one I relate to on a personal level and is close to my heart. It’s my hope that many readers will benefit from The Council’s guidance on how we can feel safer and more confident about being ourselves, particularly if we’re concerned we might be rejected by others. I imagine there is a widespread desire for useful guidance on this subject and we look forward to making this guidance available to you and other readers.

Comment by bob@askthecouncil | March 26, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Bob and Cynthia, thank you so much for bringing this to The Council. And Raymond…so glad that hopefully the reply from Council will be helpful for you and others as well. Bob and Cynthia, on Saturday I experienced a huge shift in my energy. Is it possible that I received a healing when you asked The Council? The feeling I had was similar to that of when I have received healings in the past…I just chalked it up to Full Moon or possibly that I had set intentions for the Spring Equinox and I had begun feeling those effects, but now that I see that is the day you asked The Council, I am wondering if what I was experiencing was related?

Blessings and many thanks,

Robyn

Comment by Robyn | April 2, 2010 | Reply

• Hi Robyn,
          We’re so glad to hear you experienced what felt like a healing on the day we did a session with The Council about your questions.

One of the things that’s making it difficult to post the results of this session is finding words to convey what we experienced. For the first 18 minutes of the 53 minute session The Council addressed you as if you were sitting with us in our living room. Cynthia and I were more like observers or witnesses to something that was taking place between The Council and you. (I have a feeling we’ll be posting a transcript of this part of the session during the next few days.)

After a while it felt like we were someplace other than our living room even though it still looked like our living room. It was a little like a dream, but without being asleep. Our surroundings looked one way, but we were having a definite feeling experience of being somewhere else. And what we felt was very much like what can be described as a healing – not just for you, but for us and many others.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience (speaking your truth) of your energy shift last Saturday. It has inspired us to find a way to speak our truth about this session and share with others. Thank you for your patience. And thanks again for speaking the truth of your original quesitons and comments. They are the inspiration for a powerful session with The Council that has the potential to benefit many.

Blessings.

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 2, 2010 | Reply

30. i often feel informed by the paths of my ancesters. i would like to deepen this understanding for my own spiritual development. i would like to graciously ask the council how to best tap into this sense.
    gayle

Comment by gayle stacher | March 18, 2010 | Reply

• Thanks for your question, Gayle. Cynthia and I will ask The Council and when we get an answer we’ll post it.

Comment by askthecouncil | March 18, 2010 | Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )