Welcome to Ask The Council, a blog where you can ask a group of loving and wise spirit guides a question and get an answer, for free. You can contact us for a paid private session with The Council, and you can read the questions other readers have asked and the answers they’ve received. Other posts contain quotations from The Council that we hope you find inspiring, uplifting, and educational.

If there’s a question you’ve been thinking about and you’re curious how The Council might answer it, we encourage you to either use the blog’s Comments feature to ask your question, or contact us for a private session. You can click here to go to the ‘Let us know what you think about this post, or ask The Council a question’ section of this Welcome post and type your question there or you can type your question in the same section at the bottom of any post that inspires you to ask a question or leave a comment.

Cynthia is able to communicate with a group of five non-physical spirit guides in a manner similar to the way Esther Hicks communicates with and speaks for the spirit guides, Abraham, and Jane Roberts communicated and spoke for the spirit guide, Seth. I (Bob) basically interview The Council as they speak through Cynthia during what we refer to as a session. Sessions generally last 5-15 minutes and are usually audio recorded. During the session Cynthia is aware of what The Council is saying and she also receives visual impressions and other types of telepathic communication from them.

If you’re used to thinking of yourself in a more limited sense, the idea that you are the creator of your experience may be difficult to understand. Our post, What About This Idea That We Create Whatever We Desire, offers insights into this idea.

The left-hand column on the Home page contain a long chronological series of posts with the most recent on top. Each post begins with a title. Clicking on a post title will take you to a blog page dedicated to that particular post. Following each post is a Like button where you can indicate to us and other readers if you like the post.

1. Hi Cynthia and Bob,

First, thank you so much for the help and guidance you provide. I hope you can help me too. I am wondering what the purpose of chronic pain is? I’ve suffered from Cervical Stenosis and Fibromyalgia for about 10 years now. I refused pain medication for awhile, but finally reached a point about 6 years ago where it was impossible to function. Now, I’m at the point where I’ve built up a tolerance (I’ve been on the same medicine for years) to the medication and the pain has increased significantly. I am in horrible pain everyday. However, I’m reluctant to speak with my Dr. about this due to the “drug addict” stigma and current drug epidemic. I have NEVER abused my medication, but for some reason, I worry my Dr. will assume the worst, even though he is absolutely kind and understanding.

I think it’s because I dread being labeled a “druggie” and think it makes me a bad person. Why in the world would we choose chronic pain as a lesson and how can I get past my fears? I’m so tired of being in pain everyday. I feel so hopeless and helpless. Please help. Thank you so much.

Comment by InDespair | April 23, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, In Despair. Cynthia has some experience with long lasting pain and she’s still working on this. We look forward to The Council’s response to your question and and we’ll post the audio recording of their reply as soon as it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 23, 2018 | Reply

2. Were the spirits that occupied the bodies of the German Nazi holocaust victims aware that they were agreed to be worked, tortured, and starved to death?

If they were party of agreeing to such horrors, what would have been the purpose? Was it due to a karma debt? What was it suppose to accomplish?

What possible benefit could come from such atrocities?

What is the purpose of coming to this material dimension to suffer pain, anguish, or agony?

Comment by Juan E. Ramirez | April 15, 2018 | Reply

• Good questions, Juan. We’ll ask The Council as soon as we can and publish a recording of their reply in a blog post as soon as it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 15, 2018 | Reply

3. Hi Bob and Cynthia,
    How can I improve my relationship with my son? He is five and quick to anger. I have no idea what he is so angry about- from my perspective his life is stable and full of love.

I try to meet his anger with patience and love but I am burning out. At times I meet his unkindness with my own. He is unkind to his little brother, too, as well as classmates, sometimes. Of course, some of this is just age appropriate but I see other kids his age and there seems to be something else going on.

What are we here to teach each other in this lifetime? Is he scared of something? I know that everyone’s kids ‘drive them crazy’ but I feel like there is something he needs that I am not giving him. I have begun to think of him as ‘mean’ and I know that is unfair and unhelpful but have less and less evidence to suggest otherwise. Does the Council have any thoughts about what he needs to feel safe and loved or how I can help him learn empathy and kindness? He creates a lot of strife and stress in our family.

Thank you.

Comment by Anonymous | April 4, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Anonymous. We’ll ask The Council about your son’s anger and what you are here to teach each other as soon as we have time, and we’ll post a recording of their response when it’s ready. Good luck and hang in there. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 4, 2018 | Reply

4. Hello Council,

Thanks for Cynthia and Bob for helping with the questions- answers and providing a guiding light.

I am in the cross roads of my life where I need choose between two things – whether to stay in a marriage which is not working out well and try to make it better – or be brave enough and walk out with our kid. I have always been somewhat scared of living on my own and taking all the responsibilities of my kid on my own.

I feel that whatever we have been going through the last few years, when I look deep inside, I don’t feel the love for my husband any more. I feel like I am sticking only because its more traditional option and being scared of living on my own.

I feel its hard for me to forget about things which happened in the past. He doesnt want to make an effort to correct the things/wrong doings of past.

Can the council please guide me if I Should I still forget him and let the past go [even though things can be corrected which he doesn’t want to do] OR start a new life for me and my kid without him. I feel like I am coming back to the same point over and over. I do want a closure to this and move ahead in any direction which is best suited for me and my kid.

I deeply appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Comment by soulpeace191689339 | April 1, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, SoulPeace. We’ll ask The Council about your marriage when we have time and post a recording of their response on our blog when it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 2, 2018 | Reply

5. Hello again! Often I’ve heard that the reason we are here on this earth is to raise our energy vibrations, to become more like the Source or Creator. My question is this: if we originally came from the source, why is it that we’re not already at that higher level? I’m lost as to the point of all of these lives and lessons. Will we ever reach a point of not returning for more lives? Thank you for any insight.

Comment by Darla | March 27, 2018 | Reply

6. Dear Bob, Cynthia and the Council:

I have a question about my job and I’m hoping The Council has some insight. My regular job duties include dealing with death and the prevention of death and violence. However, after leading an intense response to a major crisis event that was felt across the country (and perhaps, the world,) I feel bored with my regular duties. Does The Council see if I will move on to a larger role in emergency/crisis response activities, or perhaps something else?

Thank you!

Comment by Anthony | March 21, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Anthony. We’ll ask The Council about your career when we have time and post a recording of their reply on our blog when it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | April 2, 2018 | Reply

7. Hi Bob, Cynthia and The Council, your blog is inspiring! I have a question. I am unsure if something like this has already been answered. So apparently around the year 1800, the population of the Earth was around 1 billion people. Now the population exceeds 7 billion. So where do all these additional souls come from? Also, as human population increases, and wild animal population decreases, what happens to the souls of those animals? For example, if rhinos become extinct, will the souls of the rhinos return as other animals? Do they have the option not to reincarnate?

Thanking you always,

Audrey

Comment by Audrey | March 13, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Audrey. Interesting questions. We suspect there’s not a 1:1 ratio of humans to souls, but we’ll be happy to ask The Council and post a recording of their reply. We’ll also ask about animals become extinct will they return as other animals. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 13, 2018 | Reply

8. Hello Bob, Cynthia and The Council! I always appreciate the wonderful advise given, both to myself and the questions of others who’s answers simultaneously benefit me.

My question today is inspired by a previous question of another, about her son’s anger. I have an 8 year old boy that has been troubled and difficult, well, always. He has trouble showing affection, despite affection being offered to him. I know I’ve made mistakes so far, not knowing how to handle such a headstrong child. I just wonder why he feels the way he does.

I want him to care that he is loved and care to love other people. He is always quick to aggression with parental figures, teachers and his younger siblings. The kind of deep anger he carries is not something that I can remember him witnessing from anyone else. Though I know he’s been around for a fight or two with his dad.

I had him at a young age and was much less seasoned in my growth journey, so I’m sure there will always be a little bit of guilt there on my part, learning through trial and error. I was hoping the council would give me advice on how to best guide him. Punishment for example, of any form, which personally I feel is needed when aggression and disrespect is the main language he speaks, leaves him with an attitude of nonchalance. “I don’t care”, “I didn’t want that anyway”, or on the reverse, he throws unacceptable tantrums (hitting, stomping, screaming and when we say this behavior can’t go on, and put him in time out, he will cry and feel sorry for himself, but is completely blinded by his actions hurting other people, and why he ended up in the situation that he was in to begin with.

I worry he lacks empathy for others. He lies a lot as well, I’ve put him in therapy, and he’s made progress, but from a spiritual perspective, what’s going on? I recognize, to a smaller extent, the same internal struggles I felt that I went through as a child. I was, and in my own way still am, very resistant to authority, and it’s a confusing juggle between the ego, and what I consider my own higher truth, and learning when to go against the grain.

I have attempted to teach him the law of attraction and self empowerment, the chakras and meditation, but with that he becomes a fantastic story teller. Once he had me believing he could astrally project and that he went to a place with dimensions to doors, but someone was there telling him which ones he could and couldn’t get back from. It all seemed so advanced, that surely there was something to it. Then he stopped wanting to talk about it and later told me that he made it all up. Did he?

He also used to talk about seeing colors that weren’t supposed to be there. (I took him to the eye doctor, everything was fine.) Is he spiritually intuitive? And if so, why does he harbor such anger and compulsions to break every rule possibly given. (I exaggerate, but only very little, he really is the ultimate tester.)

Comment by Lavender | March 12, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Lavender. Thank you for your appreciation of our blog. When we have time we’ll ask The Council about your son’s anger, how to best guide him, what’s going on with your son from a spiritual perspective, and whether your son is spiritually intuitive. We look forward to The Council’s reply and we’ll post a recording on our blog. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 12, 2018 | Reply

9. Hi Cynthia, Bob and the council,
    My 10 year old daughter has developed a fear of choking. This seems to have come out of no where. This has affected her eating and weight lose. I have taking her to different doctors for help. I wanted to know if this fear is related to a past life. Also any advice on how to help her overcome this.

Comment by Kim | March 5, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Kim. We’ll ask The Council about your daughter’s fear of choking and whether it’s connected to a past life. We’ll publish a recording of the session on our blog when it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | March 5, 2018 | Reply

10. Hi Bob & Cynthia,

I have suffered a stillbirth very recent. I miss my baby boy. I keep on imagining what it would be like for our family to him, our third child in the family. I want to know why did this happen? When I find out I was pregnant it was a surprise but We was ready to welcome him in to life. I want to know more about this soul and why he isn’t here with us? If I planned to concieve would his soul return or would it be a different soul? Thank you for your time, your gift that you share and your guidance.

Comment by Thuy | February 19, 2018 | Reply

11. Hi Bob & Cynthia,

I have a stillbirth in November 2017. I am devastated and didn’t even know that stillbirth can happened. Though I have two children to keep me going, I miss my angel baby dearly. I don’t have an answer to why medically why I loss my baby boy. I feel lost and confused. I want to know why spiritually why my son didn’t make it to this lifetime with us. After this event I don’t feel good about anything. My husband is trying to sell his business because of an indifference with his partner. I am worry about our financial future. I would like to ask the council for guidance. I used to know what I want to do next, but now I am not sure what will make me happy. Where do I come from here? What is my life purpose? Why did we have to experience this stillbirth? I thank you both for your time and your special gift that you share with us all. With Gratitude – Thuy

Comment by Thuy | February 15, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Thuy. Thank you for your questions related to your stillbirth last year and your gratitude. When we have time we’ll ask The Council about your situation and post a recording of their response on our website. Hang in there. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | February 16, 2018 | Reply

12. Hello,
    I would like The Council’s take on depression. I have been working so hard for many years to shake this awful pattern and try as I may (meditation, gratitude journals, therapy, medicine) I just can’t seem to shake it. I can be ok for a bit (primarily when I am really busy) and other times like now, it’s just unbearable. I intellectually understand that my negative emotions are what is creating this, but can’t seem to consistently stay positive. How can I allow all the good that I have created for myself to come in? I have been trying so hard for so long.

Looking for the Light

Comment by Anonymous | February 14, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Anonymous. Depression is a big lesson. We’ll ask The Council about your case and publish a recording of their reply in a post when we have time. Hang in there. Love & light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | February 14, 2018 | Reply

13. A happy hello to all of you wonderful beings! I wrote a couple of times, months ago and your collective commitment and advice brought me to the very wonderful place I’m at today. Thank you.

I am currently six months pregnant, with what I believe to be the same soul that tried to enter over two years ago. This has brought an unbelievable amount of joy into my life and the lives of my sweet little family. And you know what…? I created it! THANK YOU!

Now, I’m wondering about another area of life. I have had the privilege of working with an Ayurvedic coach and really loved everything I learned during that time. Since then, I have been digging deeper and enjoying many types of healing arts. I keep feeling like I’m meant to be in this field, in some way, but I’m not sure how.

I have recently enrolled into an Ayurvedic Practitioners course. Part of me is insanely excited and anxious to see where it takes me. The other part is just telling me I’m insane!

I have a good amount of fear surrounding anything new that I dare to take on. Mostly because historically speaking, I haven’t gone through with many commitments and have found myself self sabotaging and finding excuses as to why it won’t work.

Does the council have any advice for me? Do they see me being successful in this field and if so what can I do to break old patterns, have confidence and take this all the way? Especially with a 7yr old and a new babe on the way!

And if you wouldn’t mind, I would love to know if this baby is in the fact the same soul as before! Just for fun. It will be crazy loved either way!

A million thanks, and a billion blessings.

With great love and gratitude,
    Wendy

Comment by Wendy Aronsson | January 25, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Wendy. Congratulations on your pregnancy. We’ll be happy to ask The Council for advice for you, and whether your baby is the same soul as before. We’ll post a recording of their answer as soon as we have time. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | January 25, 2018 | Reply

14. Hello Bob and Cynthia,

I have a question for the Council. From childhood I am very drawn to Pyramids and Egypt. From last few months, I am immensely drawen to Spiritual and Metha physical books and quest of knowledge is becoming very severe.

Can the council please tell me if I had any past life connection with Pyramids or Atlantis – I feel like I have a purpose in there that I am not understanding yet.

I also have one other question regarding the meditation that I do. Sometimes I have a fear of darkness/evil while I am meditating or hear strange things. Can you please show me how can I help myself and continue and progress in the meditation ~ I have had some good experiences in meditation and I dont want to stop it for the fear which is unexplained.

Thanks so much for showing us the light.

Looking forward for the answer

Comment by Soul_Seeking_Knowledge | January 12, 2018 | Reply

• Hi, Soul Seeking Knowledge. It will be our pleasure to ask The Council for you about any past life connection to pyramids or Atlantis when we have time. We’ll also ask for guidance on how you can continue with your meditations without fear of darkness or evil or hearing strange things. We’ll post a recording of their response as soon as it’s ready. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | January 14, 2018 | Reply

15. I’m so happy I came across your site! It’s very informative and uplifting. I’m hoping you can help me too. I started to notice my connection with spirit about 3 years ago. It began as small coincidences (or synchronicity), then evolved into dream visitations, “feeling spirit” around me, and eventually astral traveling (which started spontaneously). I went through a period of time where I was going out of body (on purpose) fairly regularly and meeting with my deceased mother and what I believe are my spirit guides. I’ve also had dreams of people who feel familiar in the dream state, but are strangers in waking life. In the last 6-8 months, the astral traveling has become quite infrequent. I don’t know why. However, I’ve always wondered why it started in the first place as it happened so abruptly? Also, I think I’ve had a meeting with my council in a dream state (although I know it’s real regardless of being a “dream”). Am I meant to communicate with spirit (not just for myself, but for others)? I’ve been so confused about all of this. I would be so very grateful for any insight, thank you!

Comment by Dee | December 26, 2017 | Reply

• Hi, Dee. We’re glad you enjoy our website. We’ll be happy to ask The Council about connection with spirit, your astral travel, and your intentions for communicating with spirit when we have a chance, and post a recording of our session on our website. Interesting questions. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 26, 2017 | Reply

• That would be wonderful, thank you so very much!

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Dee | December 27, 2017 | Reply

16. Hello Bob,Cynthia and Council,

Thanks for the amazing work that you guys have been doing. I have a question regarding the spiritual enlightenment. I have been reading a lot about Buddhist culture now a days. For some reason I am very much drawn to spiritual progress and finally knowing the truth behind us taking different incarnations and learning more and more lessons – may be creating more karma and desires for the next incarnations.

Can you please let me know if we can learn about the lessons we have to learn without taking births on earth ?

Also, I want to know how can one achieve the freedom of taking incarnations on the earth – and achieve “moksha”/Nirvana.

I am trying to find peace for myself and would like to know where should I begin in order to achieve that ?

Thanks much!

Comment by soulpeace191689339 | December 23, 2017 | Reply

• Hi, SoulPeace. Interesting questions about spirituality and enlightenment. We’ll ask The Council when we have time and post a recording of our session with them on your answers. Please stay tuned. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 26, 2017 | Reply

17. Hello Bob, Cynthia and the council,

I would like to thank you immensely for the guidance that you have been providing me. You guys are doing an amazing job by giving people guidance, support and ray of hope.

I have a concern about my child so I thought to ask the council for their opinion on the same. I have seen many times, specially when he is at home, he has anger issues. He gets angry on things and its hard to control him at that time. If we say anything, he starts crying mostly always.

Can the council please guide me what are his learning lessons in his life and how can I help him. I have a feeling that it has something to do with my husband’s learnings too since I see the similarities often. Would like to know more of council’s words of wisdom on this.

Also, it would be good to know what are our lessons with each other and what kind of previous lives three of us had previously with each other?

The other question I had is about the Job. I understand one of my major lesson is to be independent in this life. Due to visa related issues, I may lose my job in the near future. Can the council please guide me which way should I go? should I stay in the same engineering field or try to take up writing or some other thing in which I dont have any experience as of now. Also, we have to move to some other country if I need to continue working – would that be advisable at this point in time or should be kept for later.

Thanks much for love and light,

Comment by learningsoulsite | December 14, 2017 | Reply

• That’s quite a few separate questions, LearningSoulSite, but we’ll try to answer them as soon as we can and well post The Council’s response on our website. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 16, 2017 | Reply

18. Dear Bob, Cynthia and The Council, last time I was here asking questions was a year or more ago and I have found your answers very helpful. My question today is about child cancer.

Unfortunately a beautiful young soul, very close to my heart (a young boy in my family), was diagnosed with cancer 2 days ago. As we are a very health-conscious family, we are all in shock. It’s the last thing we would have expected to happen.

Can you please shed some light on the spiritual aspect of cancer, especially childhood cancer? Why does it happen, what are the patients and their families needing to learn? And if there’s anything in particular you can say to enlighten us about regarding my young relative, I would be most appreciative. Thank you ❤

Comment by Jolanda | December 10, 2017 | Reply

• Excellent questions, Jolanda. As soon as we have time to answer and post them, we will. We look forward to what The Council has to say about this. Love and light, Bob & Cynthia

Comment by Cynthia & Bob | December 16, 2017 | Reply

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w